In a world where online learning platforms have become the new norm, Guitar Tricks stands tall as a veteran in the realm of guitar instruction. With over two decades of experience guiding aspiring guitarists, it boasts an expansive library of lessons, a structured approach, and a community of passionate learners.
But does it truly deliver on its promise of transforming you into a guitar-wielding maestro? In this comprehensive review, we’ll delve into its strengths, weaknesses, and everything in between to help you decide if Guitar Tricks is the right harmony for your musical journey.
Table of contents
Vast Content Library
- Over 11,000 video lessons spanning beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels
- Diverse genres including rock, blues, country, jazz, metal, bluegrass, and more
- Courses on fundamental techniques, music theory, songwriting, and artist styles
- Dedicated song lesson section with hundreds of popular tracks
Structured Learning Path
- Well-organized curriculum guiding you step-by-step.
- Clear progression from basic chords to complex solos
- Tailored paths for different genres and skill levels
- Accomplished guitarists with a knack for teaching
- Concise and clear explanations
- Friendly and encouraging demeanor
- Chord diagrams, tablature, and backing tracks
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Progress tracking and goal-setting
- Customizable playlists
Community & Support
- Active forum for discussions, tips, and feedback
- Engaging in challenges and contests
- Opportunities for virtual interaction
- Unparalleled content depth and diversity
- Structured approach for focused learning
- Excellent instructors who make learning enjoyable
- Comprehensive song-learning resources
- Interactive tools to enhance practice
- Supportive online community
- The subscription model may deter casual learners
- The interface can be overwhelming for beginners
- Limited focus on modern pop and certain genres
- Lack of personalized feedback or live interaction
In-Depth Analysis of Features
Guitar Tricks’ most impressive asset is its massive library of lessons. Whether you’re a complete novice yearning to master your first chords or a seasoned player seeking to expand your repertoire, you’ll find a wealth of material to fuel your growth.
The genre diversity is commendable, allowing exploration of rock, blues, country, jazz, metal, and more. You’ll delve into fundamental techniques, music theory, and songwriting, and even into iconic artists’ playing styles.
The song lesson section is a particular highlight, offering detailed breakdowns of hundreds of popular tracks, complete with backing tracks and adjustable tempos—it’s like having a personal band backing you up!
Structured Learning Path:
Guitar Tricks presents a well-defined path for progression, ensuring you don’t get lost in the vastness of its content. Courses are carefully sequenced, guiding you from foundational techniques to intricate solos. This structure is particularly beneficial for beginners and those who thrive on organized learning. You can choose a path tailored to your preferred genre and skill level, ensuring a personalized experience.
The instructors at Guitar Tricks are not only skilled guitarists but also gifted educators. They possess a knack for breaking down complex concepts into manageable chunks, making even challenging techniques feel approachable. Their enthusiasm and encouragement radiate through the screen, keeping you motivated and engaged throughout your learning journey.
Guitar Tricks goes beyond mere video lessons by offering a suite of interactive tools to enhance your practice. Chord diagrams, tablature, and backing tracks provide visual and auditory guidance. The built-in tuner and metronome ensure you stay in tune and in rhythm. Progress tracking features allow you to visualize your growth and set achievable goals. Customizable playlists enable you to personalize your practice sessions, focusing on specific areas of improvement.
Community & Support:
Learning guitar can sometimes feel solitary, but Guitar Tricks fosters a vibrant community of learners. The forum serves as a hub for discussions, tips, and feedback.
Transparency disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products and services that I believe are helpful and valuable. We never let the potential for a commission influence our recommendations.
Easy to try out with this Free 14 day Trial