Last Update 10/11/2023
If you are a classical guitarist searching for a great classical guitar, we say look no further than the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar. The (C10 CD ) is a highly regarded classical guitar known for its superb craftsmanship, rich tone, and excellent playability. It is a favorite among players at all skill levels.
This top-notch instrument combines exquisite craftsmanship, superb tonal quality, and rich resonance, making for a great playing experience.
Table of contents
- An overview
- Features and specifications of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
- The sound quality and tone of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
- Construction and craftsmanship of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
- Cordoba C10 CD Case
- Customer reviews and testimonials of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
- Maintenance and care tips for the Cordoba C10 CD.
- Conclusion and final thoughts on the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
The Cordoba C10 CD is constructed using a solid Canadian cedar top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides, which makes for a warm, balanced tone with exceptional projection. This classical guitar also features a traditional Spanish fan bracing pattern, further enhancing its tonal characteristics.
Its playable neck and comfortable action make it a joy to play, while the stunning craftsmanship and attention to detail ensure that you are investing in an exceptional quality instrument.
Features and specifications of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
The Cordoba C10 CD also features a traditional Spanish heel construction, which helps provide stability and durability. The guitar’s neck is made from mahogany reinforced with an ebony reinforcement strip, which will make sure it stays straight and true over time. The neck profile is comfortable and very playable, making it a joy to play for extended periods.
Headstock Logo – Cordoba Arches
Logo – Mother-of-Pearl
Frets to Body – 12
Build – Classical
Construction – All Solid Woods
Body Top – Solid Western Red Cedar
Top Bracing Pattern – 7 Fan
Soundhole Diameter – 84mm (3.3″)
Rosette – Pearloid Esteso Weave Pattern
Tail Strip – Rosewood
Top Purfling Inlay – Padauk, Maple, and Black
Top Binding – Rosewood
Side Purfling Inlay – Maple and Black
Back Binding – Rosewood
Back and Sides Wood -Solid Rosewood
Neck Joint – Spanish Heel
Back Center Strip – Rosewood
Back Purfling Inlay – Maple and Black
Neck Material – Mahogany
Scale Length – 650mm (25.6″)
Nut Width – 52mm (2″)
Neck Thickness – 1st Fret 21mm
Neck Thickness – 9th Fret 24mm
Truss Rod – Dual Action
Neck Shape – C Shape
Truss Rod Wrench – 4mm Allen Key
Fret Dimensions – 2.0mm (W) x 1.1mm (H)
Fingerboard Material – Ebony
Color – Natural (NAT)
Finish – Gloss Polyurethane
Bridge Material – Rosewood
Tuning Machine Ratio – 14:1
Tuning Machine Buttons – Black
Saddle Material – Bone
Nut String Spacing – 43mm
Nut Material – Bone
Tuning Machines – Cordoba Premium Gold with Black Buttons
Strings – Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
Frets Total – 19
Included Case – Cordoba Polyfoam Case
Waist Width – 248mm (9 3/4″)
Number of Strings – 6
Country of Origin – China
The sound quality and tone of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
When it comes to sound quality and tone, the C10 CD truly shines. As we have already said, it’s the combination of the solid Canadian cedar top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides that helps produce a rich, warm, and balanced tone with excellent projection.
The C10 CD has a clear and articulate voice, making it great for solo performances and ensemble playing. Its tonal characteristics suit various musical genres, from classical but flamenco to jazz and folk.
The C10 CD offers a dynamic range for expressive playing. It is excellent for playing delicate fingerstyle pieces or strumming.
Construction and craftsmanship of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
This is a guitar built with meticulous attention to detail; the C10 CD showcases the highest level of craftsmanship. It’s clear that each guitar is handcrafted by skilled luthiers who take pride in their work. From the carefully selected tonewoods to the precise construction techniques, every aspect of the guitar is tip-top.
The guitar’s neck is crafted from mahogany, a wood known for its stability and strength. It is reinforced with an ebony reinforcement strip to prevent warping or bending over time. The fingerboard is made from ebony, a dense, durable wood that provides a smooth playing surface.
The C10 CD features an intricate rosette design hand-inlaid by skilled artisans. The attention to detail is evident in every aspect of the guitar’s construction, from the perfectly shaped headstock to the flawless binding and purfling.
- Exceptional tonal quality: The combination of solid Canadian cedar top and solid Indian rosewood back and sides produces a rich, warm, balanced tone that projects very well.
- Meticulous craftsmanship: The Cordoba C10 CD showcases the highest level of craftsmanship, with attention to detail evident in every aspect of the guitar’s construction.
- Playability: The comfortable neck profile and playable action make it a pleasure for beginners and advanced players.
- Resonance: The guitar’s resonance adds depth and dimension to its sound, creating a captivating listening experience.
- Value for money: The Cordoba C10 CD offers exceptional value for its price, with tonewoods and construction techniques typically found in higher-priced guitars.
- Price: The Cordoba C10 CD might be expensive for beginners or those on a tight budget. However, its quality and performance justify the price.
Cordoba C10 CD Case
The instrument comes with a lightweight polyfoam case.
Customer reviews and testimonials of the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
Don’t just take our word for it. Numerous Google reviews and testimonials attest to the exceptional quality and performance of the Cordoba C10 CD. Musicians from all backgrounds rave about its tonal quality, craftsmanship, and playability.
Owners praise the guitar’s rich and resonant sound, highlighting its versatility and expressive capabilities. Many also comment on the guitar’s comfortable neck profile, making it a pleasure to play for extended periods. The Cordoba C10 CD is consistently praised for its exceptional value for money, with customers noting that it outperforms guitars at higher price points.
Maintenance and care tips for the Cordoba C10 CD.
You will want to look after this instrument, so that means proper maintenance and taking good care of your Cordoba C10 CD. Here are our tips to keep your guitar in top condition:
- Keep the guitar in its case when it’s not in use to protect it from temperature and humidity fluctuations.
- Use a humidifier to maintain the optimal humidity level for the guitar, especially in dry environments.
- Clean the guitar regularly with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove dust or debris.
- Don’t expose the guitar to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight, which can damage the tonewoods and finish.
- Change the strings regularly to maintain optimal tone and playability.
Conclusion and final thoughts on the Cordoba C10 CD Classical Guitar
This is an outstanding classical guitar that offers excellent value for money. It is a well-made instrument with a rich, resonant tone that is perfect for fingerpicking and strumming. The C10 CD is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality classical guitar that is both affordable and versatile.
If you are looking for a guitar that will provide you with years of playing enjoyment, the Cordoba C10 CD is a great option. It is a well-made instrument that sounds great and is easy to play. With its quality, affordability, and versatility, this instrument is a great choice for any guitarist.
Transparency disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning that I may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase. This commission comes at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products and services that I believe are helpful and valuable, and we never let the potential for a commission influence our recommendations. See our review of the Cordoba Mini II FMH Classical Guitar or the La Patrie Etude Classical Guitar.